Private health insurance prices will vary, depending on coverage, pre-existing conditions and age, but there are some excellent private hospitals in Mexico.
I work with very professional brokers for long and short-term health care, medical evacuation, and life insurance. Please contact me if interested. Email: Sonia@SoniaDiazMexico.com.
We can assist you with all your insurance needs in Mexico.
- Long Term Health Insurance for expats and nationals including COVID coverage for ages up to 85.
- Life Insurance for applicants under age 71. Once purchased it may not be cancelled regardless of age.
- Short term Medical Insurance for tourists
- Mexico-only policies from Mexican-based insurers
- Personal Accident / catastrophic policy. Perfect for those with medicare or Canadian health care.
- Disability insurance, perfect for those working abroad or online who might get hurt and need disability coverage.
- Medical Evacuation Insurance
Below are two more health insurance programs for long term health insurance and for short term emergency situations for tourists, snowbirds and digital nomads.
1. Health Insurance
The maximum age for enrollment is 65 although the program noted above is for those older. There is no age limit for renewal meaning those over age 65 will be able to renew. However, as above, we have other health insurance programs for those up to age 85.
This program includes dependent children up to their 18th birthday or if they are single and residing with the policyholder up to their 30th birthday. It also includes dependents studying full-time outside their country of residence until their 24th birthday.
Medical Exam is required for all proposed insureds age 60 and over.
All amounts shown are US $.
Applies per insured, per policy year, up to a maximum of 2 deductibles per family.
Deductible Options: $500; $1000; $2500; $5000; $10,000; $20,000 per policy year.
Maximum coverage per insured per policy year $250,000 (Optional 500,000)
Waiting Period 30 days / Immediate Coverage for accidents and infectious disease
Emergency Medical Treatment Outside the Expat Med Network $25,000 per Incident
Medical and Surgical Charges 100%
Physician and Laboratory Fees 100%
Hospital Room and Intensive Care (Maximum 240 days) 100%
Prescription Drugs 100%
Ambulatory Surgery 100%
Outpatient Services (maximum $10,000) 100%
Includes: Visits to physicians and specialists
Laboratory tests and diagnostic services
Physical / occupational / language therapy due to illness or covered acciden
Medical visits for sleep apnea and allergies
Treatment for injuries as a result of participation in non-professional sports
Prescription drugs after hospitalization or surgery (Maximum 15 days) 100%
Prescription drugs non related to hospitalization or surgery $2000
Routine medical check-up (Deductible does not apply. 12 month waiting period) $150
Chemotherapy, radiotherapy and dialysis (Maximum $50,000) 80%
Cancer risk reduction surgery (Prophylactic surgery) 100%
Reconstructive surgery due to illness 100%
Home nursing (Maximum 15 days) 100%
Intraoperative prostheses 100%
Local ambulance (Deductible does not apply) 100%
Congenital conditions (Diagnosed before age 18. Lifetime) $100,000
Congenital conditions (Diagnosed from age 18) 100%
Organ transplant (Lifetime) $250,000
Medical benefit for organ resection from a donor $25,000
Air ambulance including Transportation expenses for companion $35,000
Hearing aid (12 month waiting period. Lifetime) $1,500
Maximum coverage per insured (Per policy year) $500,000
Term Life Insurance $50,000 or $100,000
2. Emergency Travel Assistance Program
This Emergency Travel Assistance Program provides an array of services when facing a sudden event or emergency situation. This health plan provides the medical services needed for the stabilization and treatment of a medical emergency and other services for unforeseen circumstances. Here are some of the coverages but not all. For more information, please email Sonia@SoniaDiazMexico.com
The Travel Assistance Program is for snowbirds, tourists, short term stays, digital nomads, etc. and available for anywhere in the world for ages from 1 to 75. This is for emergency situations and evacuation.
• Affordable cost
• Use in pleasure trips, vacations, business or work
• Global coverage for Covid -19 and pre-existing medical conditions
• No deductible and copayments on services
• Unlimited Plan, up to 30 days in duration
• Unlimited Plan, up to 60 days in duration, or
• Single Trip Plan, up to 180 days
• Additional benefit options
• Support and immediate coordination of assistance
• Access to world-renowned physicians and hospitals
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES
- Hospital services for the stabilization and treatment of an emergency,
- Pre-existing Medical Conditions,
- Covid-19 – Coronavirus
- Physician and specialist services for the care, treatment or surgery required due to an emergency
- Prescription drugs required due to an emergency
- Diagnostic tests and procedures required due to an emergency
- Transportation by ground or air for medical emergency
- Transportation of companion and minor less than 15 years of age
- Repatriation due to a medical emergency
- Hotel stay for a prescribed convalescence resulting from an emergency
- Stay at the hotel due to a positive result of the Covid-19 test abroad,
- Legal assistance and bail bond
- Flight cancellation and delay
- Loss of baggage; loss of passport
- Return due to death of an immediate family
- Optional coverage for pre-existing medical conditions